Note: Email is the best way to reach us outside of the summer months.
Phone: (509) 850-9185
How to Register
Step 1: Visit the "register" page on our website and pay for camp weeks.
Step 2: You will be redirected to a required online registration form, which helps us collect important information about our campers (if you have difficulty, you may request a printable form by email).
Answers to Common Questions
"What other programs do you offer?"
- We only offer summer day camps. We do not offer birthday parties, after school programs, or field trips.
"How do half days work?" NOTE: *There are NO half days this year*
- For half days, students may be picked up at either end of lunchtime: at 12 pm or 1 pm.
- Contact us to request a "half-day" registration. "Half-days" are 70% of the cost for a "full" day.
- Only 5 half-day spots are available for each week.
- Half-day students still participate in our morning experiments, games, and activities but do not participate in art or our art project or "fun activity" (which can range from guest speakers to trivia to hands-on experiments).
"Tell me about extended care?"
- Extended care is available from 8-9 am, and 3-4 pm. The cost is $8/hour (ex: $40/wk for one hour per day).
- Students can read, or engage in free play with other students.
"By when should I purchase extended care?"
- Extended care should be purchased at least one week in advance. Late requests are allowed, but not guaranteed.
- If you would like to purchase only specific days, please make a special request by contacting us via email.
— Such purchases will be at the rate of $12 per hour, per child.
"How long should I expect to wait for a response?"
- Our email and phone response time is 1-3 business days, although we do our best to respond within 24 hours.
Full Refund — Before May 15th, you will be refunded 100% of your purchase price
Partial Refund — Before June 15th, you will be refunded 75%
Partial Refund — Before July 1st, you will be refunded 50%
No Refund — After July 1st, there are no refunds (except by doctor's note)
*Late Registration: For purchases made after May 15th, you have 1 week to cancel for a full refund.
Camp Rules & Information
Please review this checklist in order to prepare for camp:
√ Camp runs 9 am - 3 pm. Extended care is available before and after (see "Common Questions" above).
√ Campers must be walked in/out by their parent or guardian each day. There is a mandatory sign-in/sign-out sheet.
√ Campers must bring a cold lunch, water bottle, and a book daily (for reading times). Extra sunscreen is optional.
√ We spend time outdoors each day. We encourage you to apply sunscreen before camp.
√ We provide 1 snack daily (Note: we ask that students with food allergies provide their own snacks for safety).
√ Camp shirts are required daily. One shirt is included with your first week purchased, and additional shirts are $10 (must order in advance).
Molecules - Leadership Program*
For students ages 11-13, we offer a leadership program! These students still get to participate in the same camp activities as younger students in addition to working on leadership skills.
* Note: Molecules are not our assistant teachers. We hire adults for all teaching positions.
√ Molecules may be asked to help set up experiments, act as role models for small groups of younger students, and may even request to help teachers demonstrate activities.
√ Molecules receive a $50 discount off the weekly price.
√ Molecules may find that some camp weeks are "easy" for their ability level. Most older students do enjoy the program, but you should make your own decisions based on each week's age recommendations and your child's interests. If your child doesn't enjoy helping teachers and classmates, they may prefer our more challenging weeks.
Please visit our desktop site to view the Help/FAQ Page.
While this pandemic has been difficult, it has also been incredible to see our communities pull together. Every week over the past two years, we have seen inspiring stories about businesses and individuals who have helped their community in selfless ways. We face this challenge together.
The Science Factory has always believed in treating everyone with kindness, dignity, and respect. I believe that these core values are the main reason for our success. While COVID-19 might be new, doing right by our customers is not. So what are those values?
- Safety and comfort. We have always required hand-washing/sanitizing and other reasonable precautions against the spread of illness, and continue to do so. Regarding COVID, we respect each family's right to make their own individual choices about additional precautions without judgment. We ask that you respect the rights of others to do the same. Every family has unique preferences, and we all deserve a chance to make our own choices.
- Family and community. We consider you part of our family, and we will treat you with care and respect. If you have to miss camp due to contracting COVID-19, you will receive a full refund for those days (documentation required).
- Setting a positive example. We take our role in your child's life seriously. You want your child to realize their full potential, and we promise to always do our best to guide their intellect, empathy, and maturity in a positive way.